Danish Coatings and Adhesives Association - DFL
Danish Coatings and Adhesives Association represents the manufacturers and distributors in coatings, sealing products, adhesives, sealants, printing inks, packing ointments, and similar products and raw material suppliers.
A member-elected executive committee with representatives from nine members manages the organization. The day-to-day business is in the hands of three employees with an environmental or chemical background: a chemical engineer, a lawyer with environmental experience and an environmental planner.
The offices of DFL are located in the premises of the Confederation of Danish Industries (DI) near the City Hall of Copenhagen. The articles of DFL request its members be either direct members or associate members of DI since DFL cooperates closely with DI.
What are the objectives of DFL?
The purpose of DFL and its scope of activities are set up in the articles of DFL, and the activities are three-fold:
- Member services. The association provides relevant information on legislation about chemistry, environment and work environmental matters. We use mails, newsletters, and seminars to communicate new information about REACH, labelling regulations, biocides, etc.
- Safeguarding the interest of the members. DFL represents the interest of its members towards the Danish and European authorities, and other stakeholders.
- Networking: DFL facilitates a number of networks for people interested in sector-relevant issues. The association organizes joint fairs with a common profile and sponsors.
DFL facilitates the following major networks:
- The Products Committee, which discusses present and future legislation and cross-disciplinary product issues.
- Committee on products for the construction industry: Legislation, joint sector participation in fairs and Skills Denmark. Sponsorships and cooperation with the Painters Trade organization and labor union.
- Committee on the refinishing of cars: Legislation, conditions pertinent to auto vehicles insurance claims, cooperation with industrial organizations for car refinishing. Common sponsoring of Danish Skills in car refinishing.
- Committee on adhesives, sealants and packing ointments: social events, legislation, sector initiatives.
DFL is a consultee in the preparation of sector relevant legislation. Like other European sister organizations, DFL is a member of two European professional bodies: FEICA and CEPE. DFL cooperates closely with these two bodies and attends network meetings in Brussels, in CEPE’s and FEICA’s annual general meetings, and in conferences.